Voluntariado Internacional na Holanda com Animais
Duração: 12 meses – de 01-05-2012 a 01-05-2013
Horário: 5 dias por semana, 5 horas por dia. Férias: 2 dias por cada mês de duração de projecto
Condições: Alojamento, Alimentação, Viagens, vistos, vacinas, Seguro, formação linguística, Acompanhamento pessoal, ciclo de formação e avaliação, férias (2 dias por cada mês), transporte local, subsídio mensal (€ 115,00).
Resumo: AAP is a European sanctuary for exotic animals. The animals that end up with AAP often come from illegal trade, research laboratories, circuses, illegal zoos or directly from private people. The foundation specializes in hosting apes and monkeys. Other small exotic mammals can also find a shelter there, including raccoons, skunks and prairie dogs. When they arrive at AAP they often have been seriously abused and severely neglected. At AAP the animals receive the professional care needed for their recovery. Its aim is to make the animals mentally and physically healthy and to place them in a more natural environment, such as in a natural enclosure or in a renowned zoo.
As EVS volunteer at AAP you will be part of a large group of volunteers that work with AAP. The volunteer will be in close contact with the other volunteers. AAP is located on the country estate from Almere. It is a beautiful area with different organizations working with nature. There is a biological farm, a place where youngsters get informed about nature, a place where children with fewer opportunities can have a free vacation and of course AAP. This country estate is located 8 KM from the city centre.
Requisitos: Ter entre 18 e 30 anos
Perfil: The volunteer is working in a very active and flexible foundation. Despite there is a project description, the volunteer will have a lot of personal freedom. This means that there is enough space to grow in the organisation besides the fixed activities. Of course the foundation will give a structure in which the volunteer can find his challenge.
1. animal fostering: (2 volunteers)
• Works together with an experienced animal caretaker and get functional help.
• Cleans and take care of the places where the animals stay.
• Helps in creating the places where the animals stay (putting the attributes on the right places) and make this places ready for the animals.
• Does fortification and does behavior observation on the animals.
• Feed the animals.
• Doing small maintenance.
• Doing combined activities on the division.
• Registers anomalies and report this to the experienced animal foster.
In AAP everything is about the animals. They will always come first. The team leaders decide if you are up to more responsibilities. It has happened that one EVS volunteer has a lot of responsibilities and the others have less. This has to do with motivation and reliability. It is up to your attitude towards the work, NGO AAP, and other colleages, if you are chosen to join this project, how your responsibilities and tasks evolve during your EVS project.
The volunteer can learn how it is to work in a field with a small power-distance. If there are things that you think can be changed to benefit the organisation in the volunteering work you are doing, you are more then welcome to share your opinion with the teamleaders.
Because AAP and Tripin prefer to have volunteers for 1 year. The volunteers will have the oppurtunity to grow in the organization. Also there are possibilities to see all the aspects of working in AAP. For example to take care of the animals for six months and the other three months work in the technical service. Or help with promoting activities. There will be fixed patterns and tasks you have to perform on the application form but after some time there will be oppurtunities to change tasks. This kind of changes will be in cooperation with the sending organisation, hosting organisation, volunteer and AAP (hosting organisation)
- Tripin provides language courses one hour a week for three months. After this the volunteer can continue the language lessons, but has to pay a fee of €10 a month. Please note that for German(ic) languages these language lessons are maybe a bit easy. The courses are focused on basic communicating skills and pronunciations in the Dutch language.
- For your transport you will receive a bike to move through the city. Also in winter times you will use a bike.
- You will have to share a room with another volunteer. Please be aware of this fact.
Documentação: CV e Carta de Motivação em inglês”